Friday, November 2, 2012

Bubur Chacha a.k.a The Lancing Dessert


This is something that I love since I was young when my mum cooked for us. Now it’s my turn to cook it for my elder daughter Falisha. She’s only 4 years old but simply loves it!

Why the name? I cooked this during that Mummies’ gathering and after chit-chatting with them, the thought of some Aunties can’t pronounce the letter D came to my mind, and because it’s Bubur ‘Chacha’ I thought of them saying ‘go lancing’ instead of ‘dancing’. Hence the nonsensical name came out but I luv it! Muahahaha… 

What you need [Cooks for 4-6]
- 4 pcs of sweet potato (diced)
- 1 box of coconut milk
- 2 big pcs/chunks of gula melaka
- ½ to ¾ teasp salt (adjust to your own taste)
- 1 tbsp of sugar (add this if you want it sweeter)
- ½ packet of sago
- 1 stalk of pandan leaves
- 750ml of water (add more water if you prefer to have more ‘soup’)

Method
- Boil the stalk of tied pandan leaves in a pot for 8mins
- Add in the sweet potatoes and boil for another 8mins
- Add in the sago, ¾ of the coconut milk, gula melaka and salt and boil for 15 mins
- Stir occassionally
- Once the sweet potatoes are often, it is ready to serve!

Serve hot or cold J


No comments:

Post a Comment